Welcome to the School Based Youth Services Program!
The mission of the School Based Youth Services Program is to provide a comprehensive psychosocial support system to the student body, their families and the school community which will positively impact the student’s quality of life, empower them to access community resources and enable them to successfully complete high school.
The Student Center at Sussex County Technical School works cooperatively with many local social agencies to arrange for any additional psychological support for students.
The staff provide referrals to community agencies whenever necessary.
The Student Center provides:
- Mental Health Support Counseling.
- Substance Abuse Evaluation/Counseling.
- Job Employment Training/Counseling.
- Recreation Facilities.
- Family Planning.
- Consultation with school personnel, such as teachers, child study team and administration as necessary.
- Financial assistance for school supplies, as well as medical and dental procedures when appropriate
- Free psychiatric services on site.
- Dental Clinic
- Optical Clinic once per year.( see form in forms tab)
- Free food pantry for students and families